I hope you’re enjoying your day so far and have some fun activities planned or a nap and some serious relaxation in your future today. I’ve been super busy with the launch of my Feeling Fabulous Fall Group Cleanse this week, which always makes me a little bit hungry when I’m looking through the yummy recipes that my participants will be enjoying in a few short days.
Yesterday, I decided to take a break and whip up a yummy dessert for Peter and I that is AH-MAZE-ZING! It’s easy to make and it totally worth taking the time to prepare this healthier clean eating treat. It crunchy and chocolaty and it kinda made my day!
I’d like to introduce you to the delicious Chocolate Covered Superfood Seed Brittle. This isn’t a corn-syrup super-sugary consistency brittle… This is a lumpy crunchy loaded-with-seeds covered in scrumptious chocolate brittle. I hope you enjoy it, too. xo
Chocolate Covered Superfood Seed Brittle
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raw coconut flakes
1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
3/4 cup coconut nectar
1 tablespoon gelatinized maca
Pinch of Celtic sea salt
Dash of cinnamon
Splash of vanilla extract
Coconut oil (for greasing pan)
**USE ORGANIC AND/OR WILD-CRAFTED INGREDIENTS, WHEN AVAILABLE**
- Preheat your oven to 300°F.**
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil and thinly spread mixture out on sheet. If you spread the mixture too thick, it will not cook all the way through.
- Score with a knife or pizza cutter in rows so that it will be easy to break apart.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 30 min or until done.
- Set aside and cool.
- Once cool, break the Superfood Seed Brittle into pieces.
**Oven cooking times may vary, so be sure to test it after 20 to 30 minutes and adjust your cooking time accordingly.
2 to 3 organic 70% cacao (or higher – I use 85%) dark chocolate bars
To Prepare The Chocolate:
- Using a double boiler**, break apart and carefully melt the dark chocolate bars, stirring with a wooden spoon to be sure the chocolate does not burn.
- Once the chocolate is melted, remove from burner and let cool.
- Using tongs, carefully dip the Superfood Seed Brittle into the chocolate until it is covered with chocolate, then place on a plate covered in parchment paper to set/cool.
- Repeat until all of the pieces are covered.
- Place plate in refrigerator to cool for 15 minutes, then your Chocolate Covered Superfood Seed Brittle is ready to enjoy!
**I, personally, use glass cookware to melt my chocolate and it works amazing. Use whatever method works best for you.
Store your Chocolate Covered Superfood Seed Brittle in the refrigerator for up to 7 days (if it lasts that long) or in the freezer for several months.
As An Alternative…
Please note, if you have some time and you want to dip your Superfood Seed Brittle in homemade raw chocolate, you can find an easy recipe for Simple Raw Chocolate Goodness by clicking HERE. This recipe can be used in place of the store-bought chocolate for dipping.
If you choose to use this recipe instead of the store-bought chocolate, when dipping the Superfood Seed Brittle in the melted chocolate, you will have to do it in layers.
You will dip the Superfood Seed Brittle in the melted chocolate and place it on the parchment paper to cool. Once the plate is full of Chocolate Covered Superfood Seed Brittle pieces, you will place it in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes to set. Once it is set, you will take it out and repeat the dipping process until the desired thickness of chocolate on your brittle is achieved.
I’d love to hear from you, too! Be sure to leave a comment below.
Did enjoy this recipe? Click the Sharing is Caring button below and share this yummy recipe with your friends and family too!
To your health & happiness…